Website Cooper Tire & Rubber
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company is seeking a talented engineer to join our global Tire & Vehicle Dynamics team. As a member of the dynamic and diverse Global Technical Center (Findlay, OH) and Cooper Tire & Vehicle Test Center (Pearsall, TX), you will collaborate with internal teammates and customers in our three regional technical centers (US, China, England) to optimize tire performance with regards to Ride, Noise and Handling
We are a very nimble and open-minded organization, so your responsibilities will not be limited by our pre-conceived ideas. If you bring ideas and methods that are new to us, we will give you every opportunity to expand our “toolbox” and your responsibilities. You will have plenty of growth opportunities within Cooper, including the possibility of taking international assignments.
Outside of “normal Cooper”, you will be invited to engage in the many community outreach and service activities that Cooper conducts. These include, but are not limited to our Dream It, Do It campaign, that teaches hundreds of kids about careers in manufacturing, our very active United Way campaign, and the many science and engineering camps that we conduct for kids of all ages.
Job Specific Duties
· Collaborate with engineers and technicians for development of technology for tire/vehicle handling, ride and noise
· Develop on-vehicle and lab based test procedures for handling, ride and noise
· Regularly interact with test drivers to develop and refine objective and subjective ride, noise and handling procedures
· Regularly interact with test drivers to monitor and improve their evaluation performance.
· Regularly interact with internal customers across the company to share knowledge and keep abreast of their technical requirements
· Develop user friendly simulation and data processing tools to process test data
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or similar
· Fundamental knowledge of tire/vehicle dynamics and vibration.
· Automotive and/or Motorsport experience
· Hands-on experience setting up instrumentation, designing and conducting on vehicle experiments
· Acoustics and vibration theory – lumped and continuous systems
· Proficiency in signal processing
· Experience in analysis of linear systems
· Proficiency with commercial products such as those of VBOX, AiM, MoTeC, LMS, Bruel and Kjaer, National Instruments, etc.
· Proficiency with Matlab or Python including the ability to produce user friendly GUIs
· Strong oral and written command of the English language
· Strong ability to document technical results and methods in the form of reports
· Advanced degree
· Experience with tire mechanics
· Formula SAE/Baja or similar experience
· Ability to work in a high pace environment
· Subjective assessment of vehicle-tire system noise and vibration
· Familiarity of suspension and chassis NVH issues
· The right to work legally in the USA
Cooper Tire is an equal employment opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, develop and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture and strategic advancement opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to CARuffing@coopertire.com