Website FOX Factory Inc.
Designs & develops shock absorbers & racing suspension products
The Design Engineer (III) is responsible for the design of high-performance shock absorber and racing suspension components according to FOX guidelines. Under general management direction, design responsibilities run cradle to grave including concept generation, virtual design, physical development and sustainability engineering. This position must balance robust product design with high volume manufacturing and costing to achieve world class performance. Be ready to champion new ideas and be challenged to design the best possible powered vehicle suspension components.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Design of new parts and systems from concept level through to production release.
• Redesign existing parts for improved performance, quality and manufacturability.
• Generate new shock absorber/suspension concepts to advance technology portfolio.
• Participate/lead creative brainstorming sessions to solve technical challenges.
• Sustaining maintenance of production parts/prints to a high standard of detail.
• Generate production assembly procedures and documentation.
• Analyze quality issues for failure root causes and implement corrective actions.
• Analyze lab and field test results to determine best path forward.
• Travel to and lead supplier audits, work to solve quality or manufacturing issues.
• Perform advanced engineering calculations and analysis.
• Create 3d models, 2d prints and FEA reports in CAD utilizing design standards, best practices & GD&T
• Independently manage 10-15 projects to aggressive cost, time, and performance goals.
• Coordinate and execute large drafting revisions on a series of prints.
• Recommend and implement design and drafting system improvements.
• Develop test procedures for design verification plans.
• Act as technical subject matter expert on component families.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• 3-7 years’ experience in product development and detailed part/system design for high volume manufacturing.
• Minimum of 2 years in chassis, suspension or related field.
• Extensive understanding of manufacturing processes (E.g. machining, forging, molding, stamping, high-volume assembly)
• Advanced experience in CAD; 3d models, 2d prints with GD&T and FEA reports.
• Experience working within a structured product development process.
• Experience implementing and improving design best practices and design tools.
• Excellent communication and ability to work across teams to achieve project goals.
• Experience with suspension systems, shock absorbers and vehicle dynamics.
• Powered vehicle and/or suspension enthusiast
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.