Website SportPesa Racing Point F1
An exciting opportunity exists for a world-class Head of Vehicle Dynamics within SportPesa Racing Point F1’s Performance Engineering Group.
Primary areas of the Vehicle Dynamics Group’s activity are:
- Development of new suspension concepts
- Analysis support for design of suspension and performance systems
- Performance interaction between chassis and aerodynamic systems
- Ride performance
- Delivery of analysis tools
Additional activities include:
- Correlation of vehicle, tyre & power unit models
- Event support
- Rig test support
- DIL Simulator test support
- Specification of performance software requirements
Reporting to the Chief Performance Engineer, the successful candidate will show a strong performance focus enabling them to drive forward chassis and setup direction for current and future vehicles.
The position will involve direct liaison with the Vehicle Science Group, Trackside Performance Group, Aerodynamic Performance Group, Performance Software Group, Design Office and Electronics.
Required skills, qualifications & experience:
- Postgraduate degree in engineering or a related discipline
- Outstanding problem solving, mathematical and data science skills
- Proven track record of chassis performance development
- Ability to work effectively either within a cross-functional team or with minimal supervision
- Capacity to report complex technical information clearly, concisely and professionally
- Thorough, current awareness of F1 chassis, suspension & tyre technology
- MATLAB (extensive coding experience)
- Awareness of modern modelling / simulation functionality within a Performance Engineering context
Preferred skills, qualifications & experience:
- Management of technical teams
- High-level motorsport experience
- C# / Python / .NET or other programming languages
- JIRA, Git, Bitbucket
Applicants must be available to attend interviews in the UK.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.