Drive upfront exhaust and AIS architecture design using 1D gas dynamics simulation tools. Perform analysis to optimise key NVH metrics such as exhaust tailpipe noise and AIS orifice noise while balancing implications on other attributes like flow restriction, package, manufacturability, supplier selection and cost. Work closely with development engineers to calibrate 1D models for torque, mass flow, temperature, pressure drop and transmission loss. Lead prevent‐recurrence projects to develop design guidelines based on lessons learned. Develop technical corporate CAE procedures and presentations for management reviews.
- Requires a master’s or foreign equivalent degree in mechanical engineering or a related field and 7 years of experience in the position offered; or
- 7 years of NVH experience in the automotive industry at an OEM or Tier-1 supplier working on designing and analysing exhaust systems using CAE tools;
- 5 years of experience performing NVH development of exhaust or air induction systems, including designing and implementing CAE and experimental studies and coordinating prototype builds;
- 5 years of experience using GT-Power or Ricardo WAVE1D engine simulation tools to tune exhaust or air induction systems for acoustics and flow restriction;
- 5 years of experience correlating 1D models to test for torque, mass flow, temperature, pressure drop and component transmission loss;
- 5 years of experience using GEM3D, WaveBuild3D and WaveMesher 1D pre-processing tools;
- 5 years of experience performing vehicle-level (track) and rig-level (engine and chassis dynamometer) NVH and backpressure testing;
- 5 years of experience developing and implementing corporate CAE methods and processes;
- 5 years of experience mentoring and providing exhaust or AIS acoustics training;
- 5 years of experience working with global teams in multiple time zones;
- 3 years of experience using ANSA or Hypermesh CAD pre-processing and meshing tools;
- 3 years of experience using TestLab or Artemis and ATI Vision NVH data processing and visualization tools; and
- 3 years of experience performing 3D BEM and FEM analysis using LMS VirtualLab, Ansys, Abaqus, Optistruct or Nastran.
- Experience may be, but need not be, acquired concurrently.
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.