The nomination phase for the 2021 Vehicle Dynamics International Awards is officially open! We have received an amazing response to these annual awards ever since they were established in 2008, and winners have enjoyed the recognition (and the media coverage and marketing opportunities) that they bring. After a rather trying 2020, we look forward to bringing good news to the automotive industry with the 2021 awards!
To see last year’s winners, CLICK HERE.
We invite you to nominate the products, teams and technologies that you consider to be the most innovative, for evaluation by our expert jury (see below). Please only submit vehicles or technologies launched within the past 12 months. There are five categories (we have added Test Facility of the Year for 2021).
• Car of the Year – Every new vehicle in every market is evaluated in terms of its dynamic excellence.
• Dynamics Team of the Year – From developing dynamics innovations to applying them to production vehicles, this category recognises the work of OEM and consultancy dynamics teams around the world.
• Development Tool of the Year – The lab tools that help vehicle dynamicists evaluate their designs and setups to achieve automotive excellence. Everything from simulation to durability assessment, software to lab machinery, to dynamometers and more is eligible.
• Innovation of the Year – In recognition of good design and technology in the vehicle itself. From hardware to software, engineering to computing, to lightweighting – any solution that can be applied to advance and enhance vehicle dynamic setups is of interest.
• Test Facility of the Year – In recognition of the latest advances and investments at proving grounds and test tracks, as well as facilities offering the use of dynamics test equipment.
If you would like to see a chassis, dynamics product, vehicle or technology that was launched within the past 12 months considered for the shortlist, or a talented team recognised, please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the product/technology/company name, the category you wish it to be entered for, and a few words (up to 100 words) justifying why you think it should be considered for the shortlist.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, 27 September.
As in previous years, all nominations will be reviewed by the editorial team at Vehicle Dynamics International and a shortlist of nominations produced, to be judged by our expert judging panel. The results will be published in the December 2021 issue of Vehicle Dynamics International magazine.
List of judges
• Choi Joo-sik, Autocar Korea
• Alvaro Sauras Alonso, Autofacil and EVO, Spain
• Frank Markus, Motor Trend, USA
• Robert Bielecki, Oponeo, Poland
• Christophe Congrega, L’Automobile Magazine, France
• Nicol Louw, Car South Africa
• Carl Cunanan, C!, Philippines
• Hormazd Sorabjee, Autocar India
• Padraic Deane, managing editor, Automotive Publications, Ireland
• Tarcisio Dias de Araujo, Mecânica Online, Brazil
• Jim Kenzie, Toronto Star, Canada
• Nikos Kounitis, freelance, Greece
• Marco Marelli, freelance, Italy
• Oleg Vasilevsky, Auto Bild, Ukraine
• Marc Noordeloos, freelance, USA
• Sergio Oliveira de Melo, El Informador, Mexico
• Tomaz Porekar, Avto Magazin, Slovenia
• Brian Cowan, freelance, New Zealand
• Mohamad Sheta, Al-Masry Al-Youm newspaper, Auto Arabia, Middle East Auto News Agency
• Gábor Szécsényi, Az Autó and Retro Mobil, Hungary
• Jürgen Zöllter, freelance, Germany
• Adam Gavine, editor, Vehicle Dynamics International
The Vehicle Dynamics International Awards receive global interest. Here are just a few examples: