A leading premium automotive business
REQ ID: 120501
JOB TITLE: Kinematics & Compliance Rig Engineer
SALARY: £35,800 – £46,000
POSTING END DATE: 20/11/23
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Vehicle Dynamics Rigs team are part of the well-established Noise and Vibration Harshness Laboratory Operations group. The Vehicle Dynamics Rigs support testing for the Vehicle Dynamics attribute.
The support of this group is critical to the advanced creation, delivery, launch, quality and value management of the Jaguar and Land Rover core vehicle dynamics attribute. This group is revered on its rapid and high-quality data output and is recognised for its flexibility and agility.
As a Kinematics and Compliance Rig Engineer you will be responsible for preparation, testing and reporting of a kinematic & compliance rig testing and test vehicle with instrumentation which measures the vehicles on road behaviours to the assess steering and suspension performance.
You will be essential to the profession and craft that delivers class leading levels of refinement of our JLR products synonymous with their premium luxury.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Supporting Vehicle Dynamics attribute teams to ensure all verification testing is complete.
• Liaising with key customers from the Vehicle Dynamics attribute teams to ensure test requests are appropriate and achievable.
• To complete full preparation of test rig and test vehicle to enable effective and timely data delivery.
• To collate, manipulate and interpret data which will be used to inform engineering decisions.
• To provide technical expertise in the measurement of data.
• To conduct analysis and fault rectification to ensure minimum down time.
• To help develop new/improved test methods and capabilities.
• To highlight any shortcomings / future instrumentation requirements.
• To manage workload using the online booking system, ensuring robust KPIs.
• To help plan for and thus to ensure sufficient Rig capacity for testing demands.
• To assist with Rig calibration/service scheduling.
• To participate and action on 5S, SBI, AIR and CCAR activities.
• To participate in reviews of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Works and Single Point Lessons.
• To ensure safe working practices are adhered to, taking responsibility for the health and safety of all persons working in the test environment.
• To mentor and train degree apprentices and junior engineer associates.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Relevant degree or equivalent specific operational experience.
• Significant rig-based test and evaluation techniques.
• Sufficient mechanical understanding of vehicle chassis and steering systems and their integration to vehicle systems.
• Good understanding of laboratory equipment capability and flexibility.
• PC literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word & Excel.
• Natural problem-solver with structured approach to problem solving in a technical environment.
• Great interpersonal skills and the ability to present complex information to all levels within the business.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements, Risk Assessment, COSHH and SDS.
• A full UK driving license.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At JLR, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.
To apply for this job please visit www.jaguarlandrovercareers.com.