Reporting to the Formula 1 Technical Delegate, and in collaboration with him, the successful candidate will organise and modernise the service. He/She will be able to cover for the Formula 1 Technical Delegate role if needed.
The candidate must be prepared to travel at least 20 races per year.
MISSIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaison with the Teams for declarations and queries
- Oversight of scrutineering and control of F1 cars during F1 events
- Organisation and oversight of F1 Technical Department
- Contribution to the Technical Regulations
- Modernisation of scrutineering methodology and tools
- Chassis homologation between seasons (static and impact testing at teams’ facilities and crash institutes)
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- At least 10 years’ experience in Formula 1, both in the design office and the track
- F1 car design and trackside environment experience
- Good knowledge of the complete Formula 1 car
- Understanding of current practices and regulations
- Microsoft Office and Data management tools; CAD knowledge (preferably CATIA) is a prerequisite
- Native or fluent English
- High level of honesty, sense of duty, fairness and integrity
- Organisation skills; detailed and process oriented
- Positive attitude and be ability to work under pressure
- High sense of responsibility and commitment
- Willingness to travel extensively
FIA is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.fia.com.