The CDC Systems Engineer III is responsible for the execution of internal and external ride development activities. Support and guide customers in the development process of chassis systems and in the tuning/software calibration of adaptive dampers on pre-production vehicles. Work with customer to analyze and identify the root cause of suspension related concerns. Executes CDC system integration, testing, and ride development at a very high skill level.
- Exhibits superior knowledge and execution of damper / ride development processes, both ZF internal processes and customer processes.
- Determines required adjustments to operating software to achieve ride and handling targets established by the customer.
- Exhibits a strong understanding of the process methodology of parameter (calibration) tuning.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of s/w skyhook, s/w adv. skyhook and all s/w modules’ function and application for assigned calibration development.
- Responsible for releasing software calibrations for production including preparing the necessary documents for final software calibration release. Understands and works within the parameters of ASPICE process.
- Utilizes Software tools for assigned calibration tuning, including troubleshooting of chassis electrical system faults and flashing of control module (ECU) with updated software and/or calibrations.
- Performs system integration and system testing according to requirements management tool (DOORS) test cases
- Uses requirements management tool to check, adapt, develop, and link requirements and test cases
- Uses task management system to track and document issues and complete assigned work packages
- Responsible for issuing Engineering Reports after each ride session, obtaining Customer signoff and effectively communicating customer expectations to project team.
- Maintains accurate change logs and evaluation notes during every step of the tuning process using the correct terminology and uses the task management system. Organize information systematically and separately for each program.
- Develop strong working relationships with customers conveying both professionalism and strong product knowledge.
- Responsible for coordinating ride work activities with customer in support of determined program milestones.
- Directs the efforts of support technicians when conducting system integration and/or ride work at customer locations and supports less-experienced Systems Engineers as needed.
- Identifies system findings and communicates details to System Engineering in a concise and organized manner.
- Attends and participates in System Engineering meetings as requested to resolve issues and/or formulate a response to customer inquiries.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of ride development processes through participation in the ride group meetings.
- Informs global TSO Functional Integration Manager in SCW of all equipment and tool related issues so they can be resolved.
- Maintains equipment, and tools as well as a clean and organized workspace.
- Completes special assignments including the investigation of performance and noise issues.
- Leads continuous improvement programs in order to promote team efforts.
- Provides professional and technical knowledge by workshops and informal training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Mechatronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5-6 years of experience with strong functional/product knowledge, and ability to train others (internship/co-op included)
- Possesses working knowledge of vehicle dynamics fundamentals for application to damper development.
- Ability to evaluate vehicle ride characteristics and associate them with product specific changes.
- Possesses knowledge of valve systems and various hydraulic principles.
- Excellent organizational skills and self-motivation.
- Ability to use precision measuring devices including calipers, micrometers & dial indicators.
- Strong computer skills in PC based office software including Excel and Power Point.
- Strong software skills in system development and ride tuning tools (Vector CANape, CANalyzer etc.)
- Strong software skills in ASPICE system development tool chain (IBM Rational DOORS, Clear Case, Clear quest or GIT, Integrity etc. )
- Ability to troubleshoot computer, and equipment problems when working in remote customer locations.
- Ability to travel and work on an international basis for 2-3-week periods with little or no support.
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuits and schematics.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experienced vehicle ride and handling skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management, or related field.
- Experience with Vector Cantech CANape/CANalyzer.
- Knowledge of 5S and Six Sigma problem-solving methodology.
- Familiarity with plant operations.
- Performance driver trainings or experience in motorsport.
- German and/or Spanish Language Skills.
Be part of our ZF team as Systems Engineer III – Adaptive Dampers and apply now!
To harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to our company.Our company is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with us and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
To apply for this job please visit jobs.zf.com.